My Blog List

Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Atonement of Christ in Action

Excerpt from Dream Journal Sep 28th, 2010

"I attended a funeral for an older man in my ward. He lived here for 40 years.
The person in charge was pleasantly suprised to see so many church people there...I was about to walk in when I noticed my shoes didn't match each other. I went over to the coat rack where there were extra shoes. I found a pair that fit.... Went into the room, the place was nearly full. I went down to the front to get to the right side aisle. The coffin was up front to the right. I met a woman who was paying her last respects. The middle section of seats was reserved for the family members of Jackie P. (the man who died). A grown son of  Jackie came into the room and when he saw the Lady next to his dad's casket he was very angry, he demanded that she leave at once!
(In the past she was very unkind to Jackie and was viewed as an enemy)
but I knew she had a mighty change of heart-through
the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 
Father in Heaven, Jesus, and Jackie
had already forgiven her and that she now truly loved this fellow
brother. I got up to bear my testimony of the mighty change of heart she
had and how it happened. I bore my testimony of the Atonement of Jesus
Christ. I had the woman make direct eye contact with me....
  then I talked about the Savior and his suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane,
 how he bled from every pore. How he died on the cross and was resurrected.
END OF DREAM


What I discovered from this dream

I learned much more about the miracle of forgiveness-
God's forgiveness for me and my forgiveness for others.


What a wonderful gift!


My love for the Savior has deepened.


This gives me strength and quiet courage to have clean hands and a pure heart.


To not allow myself to be offended, bitter, or unkind towards others.


That no matter how others treat me, I can be like the Savior and return good for evil,
be kind to the unkind.


To care more about them and their Salvation and learning, then my own needs
and circumstances.


To have more faith in the Savior.


To be willing to take upon myself my own cross that I will have to bear.
That all who are true disciples of Christ will do." End of Journal Excerpt



This dream is from almost 5 years ago. Boy does time seem to fly by.
I am grateful to Father for giving me many dreams through the years to learn and grow from.


Please discover & develop the gifts/talents that the Lord has blessed you with and share them with others as guided by the Spirit. May we all be full of Charity and be quick to forgive is my humble prayer. In his Holy name, even Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sally! Keep it up! I need to post on my blog again, so thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome my dear friend. I am grateful for the friends the Lord has given me through the years, including you of course. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete