My Blog List

Friday, August 28, 2015

Father Sent a Pianist Today

The Importance of Asking

3 Nephi 27:29
Therefore, ask and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you; for he that asketh  receiveth; and unto him that knocketh, it shall be opened.



Excerpt from Journal-Dec 29th, 2013
Came home from the temple (Kansas City Temple) last night. Checked my phone messages. One was from my friend Nanette Lemmon (she's the Bishop's wife and the RS music leader) telling me there was a fiasco. I called her back and knew she was needed in Primary to play the piano. I told her, "Ok, so I need to find someone to lead the music and someone else to play or we would need to do it a capella."

In my prayer last night I told Father the situation we were in and told him I really didn't want the RS sisters and I have to sing a capella. So, I  asked him (requested) that he send a visitor that could play the piano to my ward tomorrow.  So today before conducting RS, I went over to the lady that was visiting and asked if she knew how to play the piano and if she would be willing to play the piano. She replied, "Yes, if I can pick out the hymns." I said, "that will work."                                           


I was prompted to tell the sisters about praying for a pianist before the RS Meeting let out. Well after the meeting Sister Jamie Chandellor- the sister visiting my ward (no relation to our Stk Pres) told me, they were NOT planning on attending our church service. They are from NE Arkansas about 1 hour from Memphis,Tn. Her husband served a mission in Missouri and they were planning on going to (I don't remember the name of the town he served in) but while they were traveling to get there, things didn't work out. They got too late of a start and decided to go ahead and come to Branson now (They are spending their next weeks vacation here). After she told me this, I then knew why I was to share this experience with all the RS sisters. It was just as much for her as it was for me.
I smiled and chuckled and said to her,  "I think Heaven had to do with your delay and that I prayed you here! Thank you for coming!!!"
She is also a RS President in her first year. She told her husband she needed a break. She just had 2 funerals and Christmas stuff to be in charge of for her ward.


    

2 comments:

  1. It is crazy to be reading a blog and see myself mentioned in it. I feel special. :) Thank you for sharing your side of the experience. It was a crazy day. I am thankful you were so prayerful in this. I am sure there were many that learned to ask as a result of this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you don't mind that I mentioned you in here. I am grateful I wrote this experience down in my journal. We can learn so much as we reflect back on the different experiences and opportunities we are given. We can recognize and record down the Tender Mercies of the Lord. Thanks for your comment for wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete