My Blog List

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Passing the Test/The Lonely Road

May this help someone out there who is going through their test and begins walking on the Lonely Road. You are not alone. Follow the Living Christ. He is mighty to save. He loves you very much!


The following comes from one of my journals.
I believe this was the first time I had received persecution from "within" in my dreams.

*Background info on me-Growing up I was SASSY (I guess I still am), blunt, no one's doormat. Also, not very gentle, kind, nor meek.*  

June 18th, 2009

"I still remember bits and pieces from what happened in my dream from a few weeks ago. The women's bathroom at church was redecorated. Sister G from my ward was the one responsible. I loved it! It didn't feel like a bathroom at all. But, Sister X did NOT like it. Neither did most of the sisters in her ward. So they destroyed it, took the fabric/wall paper off the stalls and ceiling.

   Meanwhile, there was a prank in the Primary Room. The sisters were ANGRY. They were like a mob and wanted to catch the culprit. Well, all the evidence lead to me. It was my stuff that was used for the prank. I wasn't with them, so no alibi. It looked like I was the guilty party. But I had nothing to do with it. I didn't even know the prank existed. They wouldn't believe me. They were angry and had all this proof against me. Then I remember I spoke and said, "But Heavenly Father knows what happened and he knows I am innocent and that is the only thing that matters to me. I'm sad that you don't believe me, and want to blame me, and I don't blame you for blaming me." While I was walking down the hallway near the library a sister who I knew really well and was a friend started attacking me verbally and spiritually. I let her continue until it was all out of her system. Then with a cheerful smile, I told her sincerely that I still loved her very much. Well, that made her and the mob more angry. I knew I had 1/2 of all Branson church members angry with me. They wanted me to leave church, leave the area, and never come back. But I knew I was where I needed to be, that I was there to worship Heavenly Father.

   Right before walking into the Cultural Hall for Sunday School a wave of light and understanding came to me soul. The voice of my Savior told me that I had past the Test. That I held true, that I didn't get angry or complain or tell anyone about what I just went through. But stayed close to him and allowed the Atonement to work. That I was now on the "Lonely Path." One that all Joint Heirs of Christ would be on while here on earth. Having that knowledge lifted my soul, tears came down my cheek as I entered Sunday School. The first person I saw and greeted me was my Mom. She was aware of the whole mob thing. She was concerned for me and the first thing she said was, "Do you realize that 1/2 of the church members hate you and want you to leave?" I said, " I was fully aware of it." That puzzled my Mom that I looked so happy and peaceful, still, and happy. I told her I had past my test from Heavenly Father and that it didn't matter if people were hostile to me or how they treated me. That I would continue to be faithful to all my covenants and that I would continue to come to Church to worship our Father in Heaven. I told her that Father knew I was innocent and that was good enough for me. The next person I saw in a line of empty chairs was Caroline McAuley whose back was facing me but as I approached her she turned in her seat. I came to her, she smiled big at me. I knew that she knew what I had just experienced and that she was also on the "Lonely Road". But she had been on it a lot longer then I had been. For me I just started it. She gave me words of encouragement and we sat together and enjoyed each others presence.

   The dream then changed a little- In the dream I was in a huge house and I wasn't welcomed there. I didn't let that stop me, I went up a couple flights of stairs being guided by the Holy Ghost. I knew I needed to talk to my brother Shane. He was resting when I ran to him. I woke him up and told him I was guided to come to him. I also knew he was on the "Lonely Road." and that he needed to talk to me. He smiled but before he could say anything the alarm clock woke me up.-End of dream

   I felt prompted at Church to share this dream with Sister McAuley. She asked me if I applied and am willing to "walk the Lonely Road"? I told her I was and that I had joined her. She thanked me for sharing this dream that involved her. I also shared this dream about a week ago with the sister missionaries-Sister Hawkins, Sister Beck, and I think Sister Ludka. I told them I often have dreams where my Testimony is tested, that I proclaim the Gospel and stay steadfast. Sis. Hawkins asked if I wrote these dreams down. Some of them I have but remembered that this dream I didn't. So that's why it's being recorded now (June 18th).

  I will be typing up all the dreams/experiences I have had and put them in one volume. So I can re-read them and remember the lessons I have learned from them and how I felt. Also, so others will know me better, that they might learn from my Earth Experiences and know what I dreamed about, thought about, who I have become. Up to this point of time I always disliked the meaning of my name. Sally and Sadie come from Sarah=Princess. I always thought "Girly-Girl" But now I am embracing it. I am of Noble Birth, I am Heavenly Father's daughter-which means I really am a princess."

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...Lonely Road = Calling and Election?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time at church we were discussing the Comforter. I felt prompted to share how there was something I was going through and I was completely alone in it, there was no mortal being who I could rely on. I then testified of how we are never truly alone. Christ was the only one who was ever fully alone, only He could bare it.

    It is difficult, but it can also be a comfort to know we are on the right path.

    ReplyDelete