My Blog List

Monday, August 7, 2017

Testimony

(I wrote this yesterday- on Sunday. Meant to have it done before going to bed last night. But like many things, I got delayed/distracted.)


My daughter spent the night at my parents house last night. She didn't want to stay for all their church meeting (as we have ours right after their ward finishes) and my parents didn't want to have to drive her to my house before their morning meetings like they did last week. I asked my parents if it was ok with them, to let her still spend the night and I would pick her up during their Sacrament meeting and I would just take my husband to church for Bishopric meeting instead of us taking 2 cars to church. So I got up this morning planning on just taking Cliff and picking up our daughter. Little did I know that I would for sure be up at the podium sharing the following scriptures and my testimony of them.

August Testimony
"I don't know who is more surprised? Some of you seeing me up here or myself? I just thought I was getting my daughter-she spend the night at my parents and I woke up this morning and 2 scriptures I knew I was to share, I just didn't know it was with you (my parents ward) until driving up here. So I apologize and my heart is racing, usually that doesn't happen-that the 2 scriptures is Isaiah. We are told by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ how and the prophets how great are the words of Isaiah.
Isaiah 28:21 For the Lord shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.
and I testify that that is true. That we don't understand everything of God and I think it is so cool that it says his strange work and going down I am to share um what Isaiah shared with the people. Everything kind of repeats itself. God uses patterns and his people kind of do the same thing. That's why it is so important that we read the words of Isaiah and we ask to have the gift of the Spirit, the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit to teach us and it says:
vrs 23-29 Give ye ear, and hear my voice; hearken, and hear my speech.
Here's the question- Doth the plowman plow all day to sow? Doth he open and break the clods of ground?  
When he hath made plain the face thereof, doth he not cast abroad the fitches, and scatter the cumin, and cast in the principal wheat and the appointed barley and the rie in their place?
         For his God doth instruct him to discretion, and doth teach him
        
For the fitches are not threshed with a threshing instrument, neither is a cart wheel turned about upon the cumin; but the fitches are beaten out with a staff, and the cumin with a rod.
        
 Bread corn is bruised; because he will not ever be threshing it, nor break it with the wheel of his cart, nor bruise it with his horsemen
        This also cometh forth from the Lord of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working. 
and then I am to share um I love Nephi. I love the Book of Mormon. There is so much that we can learn from it and in 2 Nephi 6 verses 12 through 14 it says:
12 And blessed are the Gentiles, they of whom the prophet has written; for behold, IF it so be that they shall repent and fight not against Zion, and do not unite themselves to that great and abominable church they shall be saved (sorry, I am a kinesthetic learner, so I like to move around when I talk) and do not unite themselves to that great and abominable church, they shall be saved; for the Lord God will fulfil his covenants which he has made unto his children; and for this cause the prophets has written these things.
  13 Wherefore, they that fight against Zion and the covenant people of the Lord shall lick up the dust of their feet; and the people of the Lord shall not be ashamed. For the people of the Lord are they who wait on him; for they still wait for the coming of the Messiah.
14 And behold according to the words of the prophet, the Messiah will set himself again the second time to recover them; wherefore, he will manifest himself unto them in power and great glory, unto the destruction of their enemies, when that day cometh when they shall believe in him; and none will he destroy that believe in him.

and last, Jacob was given the allegory which I'm so grateful he wrote because we don't have the Brass Plates with the records of Zenos and Zenoch but because Jacob obeyed the Lord we have the allegory (Jacob quotes Zenos) and here it says:   
And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time-There's that phrase again to recover his people, is the day , yea, even the last time , that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh. Jacob 6:2
 and I testify that those things are true, that the Lord is doing his strange work and his hand is set forth a second time and that there are servants there in the field to bring all the branches back into the trunk of the tree- the family of God. These things I testify as one of his servants in the name of Yeshua Messiah, Ahmen."
***********************************************************
Down below is my draft from about a month ago (beg of July). I didn't get it finished until now.

**************************************************************************
Just realized that sharing my testimony for the past 3 consecutive months (in Sacrament mtg) go hand in hand. Or rather it's a continuation of one testimony broken up in 3 parts. How cool is that! We have an awesome God!

Here are the transcripts of them starting with May 2017

May- Believe it or not I can be brief. I just want to stand and testify that I am coming to know My prophet, Priest, and King-Yeshua Messiah! I am his! So interesting as we learn or rather unlearn things .

Briefly I am to share -in the car a few months ago I was with Emma- she was singing her ABC'S and she got down to opqrXtuv, and both times I tried to correct her, I told her it's Ssss like Sally, Snake. "No, mom it's X!" and in that moment the Lord was teaching me something- I do the same things sometimes, a lot of us do. We get things wrong sometimes. We have our traditions, we have ways we learn things and we think that's the way it is. But until we are willing to realize we are wrong it doesn't matter how much you talk to a 5 year old you know about the S and X thing, same thing with us.

I am so grateful for the scriptures. They are a launching pad for our own relationship. You are to have this (I raised both arms straight up and motioned up to heaven and back down to myself-signifying heavenly relationship) and I have that with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ  and I am getting that with our Heavenly Parents as well. When he forgives us, when we come unto him and repent, it's not 1 thing, it's ALL. When we put EVERYTHING on the table then we untie his hands and he is allowed to bless us as much as much as we are willing to be, be-come . If we truly love our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ we obey the commandments.  

(When) we read in the scriptures we can understand what those commandments are. When we get the promptings of the Holy Ghost, we can know what those personal commandments are for us from the Lord. All I know is that is how we get on the path. As we love him we obey him. As we obey him, he shows forth his love and we become like him.

In the name of Jesus Christ-Yeshua Messiah, Ahmen.

June- I think I can be brief again, like I was last week (meant to say last month) I don't know who picked out the music for today but it was timely um as we sang 146 Gently Raise the Sacred Strain, I want to add my testimony to that of William Phelps that that is true. That as we REPENT or Shube in Hebrew and turn our mind and our hearts, and our thoughts  everything we do back to our Lord, back to our Heavenly Parents, that's what repentance is, to gain more light and knowledge, to forsake our sins, to forsake the errors. To cast off those things that are not correct but we think that they are. I testify that we have a God that is no respecter of persons. Yes, we have the Book of Mormon, we have the Bible. Since God has many children, many places, many eras of time, but there are many scriptures we don't have yet they will come, they are coming for those that can discern. How important it is that we know who we are. To ask who we are. That Jesus Christ, Christ means anointed one. That there's titles given. There's names and also labels that we do...
it's important that we don't group-label people. That as we pray to be able to see clearly, to be able to feel that we will be given opportunities to be tested. I was given the opportunity as I visited Mara in the hospital um there was a lady she was in a car accident standing outside the hospital. The Lord spoke to me, "Give her a hug". I am getting a lot better with the hug thing. I don't know if you knew I hated hugs, I didn't like to be touched (growing up). So I gave her a great big hug and I said Jesus loves you SO much. And we were talking a little bit and gave her another hug  and she explained how she was in a car accident and how she was grateful she was able to get out and I said well your grandmas love you. I knew one of them had past away. But I knew that she was near by. We are given opportunities to serve, personal opportunities and it's funny when it's not  convenient. That the angels do stand as sentinels, I do testify of that. That it is here in this life that we are tested. What we are taught in the temple is the path. What we are taught in the endowment, it comes to life. To have a complete baptism, to have your Calling and Election Made Sure, to have the Second Comforter what Marty was talking about, that is the Second Comforter. To have Christ come to you and then he is your teacher. I am learning that for myself. I testify of that, and sense God is NO respecter of persons and if he can do it for someone who has been sassy, and caused contention and provoked. I was not an agent of the Lord for many years and can burn that out of me through the Baptism by Fire and give me a new heart, the heart of Christ. I testify that it can happen to everyone of you. You must be born of God and understand what that means-to become a Saint, to become Elected, to do his will and his pleasure.
 I testify too that hard times are coming. That as you have  that personal relationship and have the Holy Ghost you will wakeup. War is coming. But you need not be afraid. In the name of Yeshua Messiah, Ahmen

July- It's good to be back, I was gone visiting family. I am coming to understand what Nephi talked about in the close of his book, when he talks about how at night his -he wept the pillow with his tears. The Lord's given me the opportunity to see what's going to happen, I'm not going to share that with you. But I will share this. That we are to do this (I had my both arms up high and outstretched) like I don't know if you have little kids but do they over go like this (put my hands up again) want you to hold them? We are to completely surrender. That's part of that broken heart and contrite spirit.
If we want ALL of Jesus then we have to give him ALL of us.

Are we willing to give up our traditions?

To give up our pride, to give up those things?

Wouldn't it be amazing if we all are childlike like King Lamoni, and willing to give up all?

He (Christ) is real, I know he is real. I have conversations with him. I don't say this to boost but rather to let you know that if it can happen to me, it can happen to you. It goes back to this (my hands outstretched signifying COMPLETE SURRENDER to him)
The peace that you seek is through him, and by him. In the name of Yeshua Messiah, the lover of my soul, Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I love the imagery of surrendering like a little child here. Thank you, Sally, for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete